BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 1. Composition. The affairs of this Association shall be managed by a Board of seven (7) Directors who shall be Members of the Association and occupant members (12 month residents) in good standing.
Section 2. Term of Office. Directors shall serve staggered two-year terms, such that four (4) Directors are elected in odd-numbered years and three (3) Directors in even-numbered years.
Section 3. Powers. Except as restricted by the Declaration or these Bylaws, the Board of Directors shall have power to:
- act in all instances on behalf of the Association;
- adopt and publish rules and regulations governing the use of the Common Area and facilities, and the personal conduct of the Members, and their guests thereon, and to establish penalties for the infraction thereof;
- adopt and amend budgets for revenues, expenditures, and reserves and collect assessments for common expenses from lot owners;
- hire and discharge managing agents and other employees, agents, and independent contractors;
- institute, defend, or intervene in litigation or administrative proceedings on matters affecting the Association;
- make contracts and incur liabilities;
- regulate the use, maintenance, repair, replacement, and modification of common areas;
- cause additional improvements to be made as a part of the common areas;
- impose and receive any payments, fees, or charges for the use, rental, or operation of the common elements other than the limited common elements and for services provided to lot owners;
- impose reasonable charges for late payment of assessments and suspend privileges or services provided by the Association during any period that assessments or other amounts due and owing to the Association remain unpaid for a period of 30 days or longer, as provided in these Bylaws;
- impose reasonable fines or suspend privileges or services provided by the association for reasonable periods for violations of the declaration, bylaws, and rules and regulations of the association, as provided in these Bylaws;
- provide for the indemnification of and maintain liability insurance for its officers, Board, directors, employees, and agents;
- exercise all other powers that may be exercised in this State by legal entities of the same type as the association;
- exercise any other powers necessary and proper for the governance and operation of the association; and
- to manage, control, operate, maintain, repair, and improve Common Areas and facilities, and property subsequently acquired by the Association, or any private property owned by another, for which the Association by rules, regulations, covenants, or contract has a right to provide such services.